We are not put on this earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in
time of need, someone will be there for you.
- Jeff Warner
WHY DO WE DO COMMUNITY SERVICE?
Community Service is an important part of our organization.
As nurses, service to others is what we do. Members are encouraged to go above and beyond what is required for community
service hours so that we can give back to the community. Our calling is to serve others in need. As nurses, we will
constantly be serving others: our patients, their families, and our communities. We are here to serve and not to be served.
When we serve, our motivation should not be "What is in it for me?" True servanthood
is a selfless act of passion, and this is at the very center of nursing.
should not be viewed as a burden! We should be willing to do more than what is
asked of us, and we should do our service cheerfully without griping about it! When you give to others through service, you
get so much more than hours documented on a CIP form!!!
Members who take
pride in our organization who want to be active members should always be willing to serve others.
Please do not lose
sight of what it truly means to serve and care for others, which is what nursing is all about.
MUSNA Community Service Requirements
1. You must participate in at least 4 service hours per semester to be considered an active member.
2. The volunteer activities must be approved by M.U.S.N.A. If you have an activity that you're not sure about please contact
the Service Chairperson, Aliece Kerscher
3. Service done for relatives or service that is required for another organization (ie: sororities, working families program,
OB class)CANNOT be used for MUSNA.
4. If you sign up for an event, you are expected to go! If there is a problem with attending please contact the designated
person for that event.
5. Each member must go to noblehour.com and fill out the form online. It will need to be verified by the person who you volunteered
6. All volunteer opportunities will be emailed as well as introduced at the meetings, and posted on the MUSNA webpage.
Click here for Noblehour how to form